Salt and Pepper is fine but I prefer Cumin and Paprika

I'm sure that it is just the stress, but in today's neurocentric histology lab I got to thinking about the neurons and other tissue types in the brain, and how metabolically active they are. Perhaps, when they are being pushed (as my neurons feel now -- I've heard of meta-writing before, but this is a different kind -- the neurons writing about themselves) they steal nutrients from the pigment producing cells in the scalp causing more grey hairs to sprout forth. I'm not saying this is the case, but I like to think so. However, I think that I've done fairly well so far, as I am still, for the most part, not grey and I have not succumbed to male pattern baldness, as most of the men in my family have, or had done by my age. It may be coming soon, though.

The last week or so, I've been waking up in the middle of the night thinking about what I need to do -- what notecards need to be produced and then studied, lectures to pour over and previewed. I've resisted the compulsion to actually get up and go to the office, but I think I soon may be giving in. And, I'm not totally sure that this is a bad thing, as I've been discussing with a few fellow students, fear based motivation can be useful. Waking up in a cold sweat out of concern that the Purine salvage pathway isn't completely understood may be worthwhile.

Germy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

By The Stroke Of God's Hand

Strip away the old debris that hides a shining car -- a brilliant Red Barchetta from a better vanished time

I used to be with it, but then they changed what “it” was, and now what I’m with isn’t it. And what’s “it” seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson