Is a Monte Cristo sandwich named for the delayed gastronomical revenge it will have?


During one of the first days of my time working in the ER we had a newborn brought in for phototherapy to help with it's hyperbilirubineremia. I really didn't know what this was, it kinda sounded familiar, but I knew next to nothing -- not even how to spell it. When registering patients, we would put in a brief description of what was going on, in this case my more experienced coworker told me to put in "bilirubin." What I wrote was "Billy reuben." Even though it was closer to breakfast, I'm always game for a Reuben sandwich, even if the rye bread is a little more yellow than it should be. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

By The Stroke Of God's Hand

I used to be with it, but then they changed what “it” was, and now what I’m with isn’t it. And what’s “it” seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson

From Mastication to Defecation: The True Story of One Kernel of Corns Rebellion