RIP Don Cornelius



It can be tough to always be tested and scrutinized, and that is what every medical student goes through. They are watched from afar and they are put under the microscope. It is tough, but I can't deny that it makes me think twice before saying or doing something that could end up being scrutinized by the powers that be. In my case, this is usually for the better. This dynamic could be looked upon as being a soul-crushing, personality devouring, horribly homogenizing experience -- and in certain aspects I do believe this to be the case. I speak in hyperbole, but the idea that we need to be broken down and be built back up so we can be doctors is present in the world of medical schools. 

Well, I can at least attest to the breaking down part being effective. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

By The Stroke Of God's Hand

I used to be with it, but then they changed what “it” was, and now what I’m with isn’t it. And what’s “it” seems weird and scary to me. -Grandpa Simpson

From Mastication to Defecation: The True Story of One Kernel of Corns Rebellion